Hello Young at Heart Friends and Family;
It was nice to see so many back at YAH today, after a two-week holiday break. Sadly we lost two participants recently. Euchre player, Mary Phyllis Centilli passed in early December; and Tai Chi participant, Bob Krueger passed on January 1st. May They Rest in Peace.
- Today was the first session of the Calvin College January Series. As usual, it was yet another fascinating presenter. I encourage everyone to go on-line, check out the list of presenters, and listen in! https://calvin.edu/january-series/speakers/. Next Monday we will be live-streaming “O STICK WITH LOVE: KING’S VISION FOR TODAY’S MOVEMENT.” Gregory Thompson is a pastor, scholar, writer, producer, and amateur cook whose work focuses on racial healing in America. He currently serves as the executive director of Voices Underground, an initiative to build a national memorial to the Underground Railroad in southeast Pennsylvania. Thompson is also a research fellow in African American Cultural Heritage at Lincoln University and the visiting theologian for mission at Grace Mosaic Church in Washington, D.C.
This week I am passing along several newsletters, just to keep you informed of events and programs that serve our Northeast Neighborhood.
- Northend Wellness Coalition January Newsletter featuring Wellness Programs in the Northeast Neighborhood.
- Creston Neighborhood Association 2023 Goals
- New Development December Newsletter
- MSU-Ext Virtual Winter Health Classes
I hope you find these resources helpful and informative.
Last but not least, here are our January Birthday Celebrants. If you see any of the following people, be sure to wish them a HaPpY BiRtHDaY! Harry Balicki, Brenda Bennett, Faye Chulski, Bill Cunningham, Fran Damskey, Marlene Downes, Etta Gaddis, Ann Geer, Fran Gilhoran, Estelita Guerrero, Mary Kaiser, Patty Madura, Ray Novakoski, Bonnie Randall, and Yolanda Rubio.
Hoping we grow and learn together!