Hello Young at Heart Friends and Family;
My oh my! A week sure goes fast when you have a long holiday weekend in between. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, enjoying family, mild weather, and all things good! Now it is time to slowly gear up for the Christmas Holiday Season. Let’s savor the journey, and not rush it.
- Good News for all you Exercise Participants!!! Collen just cannot stand missing you for a week! LOL… She will be holding class in room 303 on December 5th and 7th. The Christmas Store will take over the gym and cafeteria, but that is NO EXCUSE to not get out and stretch!!! HaHa. Meet the rest of your class in Room 303 at 9:30 on both Monday and Wednesday. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Colleen this Wednesday, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the YAH Program (616.913.4419).
- Sadly, Pickleball will still need to take a break. No class on Tuesday, December 6th.
- Next week, YAH will be taking up a “Thank you” collection for Deb Anderson. Deb and her husband Dale are the wonderful cooks that provide us a meal the first Monday of each month. While YAH reimburses the Anderson’s for their food costs, Deb and Dale donate their time. As you know their meals are DEEE-LISH and the time spent picking a menu, preparing the entree, salad and dessert, the packaging of each meal and the kitchen clean-up is a lot of work!!! We will provide Deb and Dale with a gift card reflecting the amount of donations received. Please drop your donation off at YAH on Monday or Wednesday, or leave in a labeled envelope at the Parish Office.
- Don’t forget to get in your RSVP for Deb’s last meal of 2022. On Monday December 5th, she will be serving Scalloped Potatoes with Smoked Sausage, homemade applesauce, dinner rolls and a dessert. Cost is $5.00.
- Due to its popularity, starting Wednesday, December 14th, Pickleball will begin a second class. We will meet in the gym each Wednesday at 10:45-Noon. This is a great class if you wish to learn the sport, get a little exercise,or play for fun. Equipment is available if you do not have your own paddle.
- On Wednesday, December 14th, we will be holding a Sweet-Treat Exchange. If you like Cookie Exchanges, this is for you. Participants are encouraged to bring in Cookies, Candies or Dessert Breads to exchange with others.
- On the same day, Wednesday December 14th after lunch, we will also be playing a variety of Christmas Games, enjoying Christmas Music, and cheerful socialization. Bring one small gift to exchange. Festive fun for all! Lunch will be served by Senior Meals. Menu: Ground Beef Tacos, Sweet Corn, Refried Beans, and Dessert. Cost for lunch is $5.00. RSVP.
LASTLY, check out the website for:
- The Calendar of Events for December.
- Information regarding the Christmas Concert by the Schubert Male Chorus on Saturday, December 10th at 7:30. This is the longest running all Male Chorus in the Country. They are a fun-loving group of Men who will share the “Flavors of the Season.” Cost: $20.00/ticket. If YAH sells 20 tickets, half of the proceeds are returned to help fund our own fun programming. This is a win-win for everyone! Tickets are available through YAH or at the Parish Office. For more information about this great group: http://www.schubertmalechorus.org/