Hello Young at Heart Friends and Family,
This Thursday is Veteran’s Day. As you are out and about, stop and Thank a veteran, drive by the Veteran’s Home and honk a “Thank you,” say a prayer for the Veterans currently serving, or just take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice past, current and future Veteran’s make to help protect our Country. God Bless Our Veterans for all they have done for us!
This week Wednesday, November 10th:
- Join us as we start the Two-part introduction to the Enneagram. This is a personality profile that will help you to learn more about yourself, your relationship with God and others.
- Lunch will be broccoli cheese and potato soups, salad and dessert, followed by the movie Hacksaw Ridge. This is the true story of a WWII U.S. Army Medic who was the first conscientious objector to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. Raised by a WWI Veteran, and influenced by his own Spiritual awakening, Desmond Doss, faces many challenges when he chooses to enlist. A story of bravery, heroism, and commitment. RSVP for lunch. Cost $5.00
Next week Monday, November 15th:
- Join us for a Presentation by Caption Call and Beltone Hearing Specialists at 1:00-2:00. A pizza lunch will be served at 12:15. Cost for lunch is $5.00. Here are two videos you may watch to prepare for the presentation. Please RSVP for lunch and/or the presentation..
- 30 second example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_eb5YmykM
- 8 Minute explanation of CaptionCall: https://youtu.be/xmeV4qakxOs
Our Thanksgiving Celebration is Monday, November 22nd at 12:00-2:15. We will have a delicious lunch, provided by Russ’, followed by games that will celebrate all for which we are thankful! Cost is $10.00. Please get your reservation in early!
We all have so much to be Thankful for! Freedom, Veterans and our loved ones. Make your November a meaningful one!